Buccal Fat Pad Removal for Men New York City and New Jersey
Chubby cheeks work for some people, but for many others this is bothersome. Many of these people are getting their faces sculpted by having a cheek reduction, also called Buccal Fat Removal for MEN. This is a surgical procedure that involves removing the excess buccal fat located in a specific cheek area. Slimmer cheeks, a more contoured face and a sculpted look that reveals the natural cheekbones are the results!
Buccal Fat Removal for MEN aims to remove excess fat from the cheeks in male patients with round, chubby cheeks, or those simply seeking a more defined appearance. The buccal pads are areas of fat in the lower cheeks that may appear because of a genetic disposition or simply from being overweight, and can cause unwanted “chipmunk cheeks” in certain male patients.
Benefits of Buccal Fat Removal for MEN
Some of the benefits of Buccal Fat Removal for MEN are:
- Buccal Fat Removal for MEN removes excess, chubby cheek fat
- Results in thinner, more defined cheeks (an enhanced appearance)
- Typically improves self confidence and self esteem
- Involves short surgery, little bruising and brief downtime
- No facial scarring or external incisions on the face
- Achieves a more sculpted, balanced facial appearance
Frequent Asked Questions about Buccal Fat Removal for MEN:
Is Buccal Fat Removal for MEN right for you?
If you are unhappy with excessively full cheeks, and you have a strong desire to reshape, sculpt and slim down your face, cheek reduction surgery may be right for you. Dr. John Mesa, A Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon in New Jersey and New York City will determine this during your personal consultation when he will review your options with you, and design your individualized treatment plan. You should be in good health, over the age of 18 (to assure facial development is complete), and have realistic expectations.
How is Buccal Fat Removal for MEN Surgery Plastic Surgery done?
After you are anesthetized and comfortable, Dr. John Mesa, MD makes an incision inside the mouth, between the cheek and gums, and works through this opening to remove the unwanted fat and to sculpt the cheek area. Dissolvable sutures close the incisions.
What is to expect after Buccal Fat Removal for MEN Plastic Surgery?
You can expect the following when you wake up and you should follow the instructions given when you return home:
- Some swelling, bruising, numbness and discomfort is normal and to be expected.
- Cool compresses and oral pain medication will easily manage your discomfort.
- All swelling resolves on its own in a few weeks as healing progresses.
- You will need to rest at night with your head elevated for a few weeks.
- Plan on a restricted diet as follows: Avoid all uncooked foods (risk of bacteria) and be sure to thoroughly wash all raw fruits and vegetables. You will want liquid to soft foods for a few days.
- You will be given a special anti-bacterial mouthwash to be used throughout the day for several days.
- Keep your tongue away from the incision sites inside your mouth.
- Avoid all strenuous activity until healing is complete.
- Sutures usually dissolve on their own within 7 to 10 days.
- All healing takes time and cannot be rushed. It may be several weeks before all swelling is gone and you see the final results.
Can Men and Women of All Ages Have Buccal Fat Removal for MEN Surgery?
Men of various ages and stages come to Dr. John Mesa, MD for his cheek reduction (Buccal Fat Removal for MEN) surgery. There are many options today and Dr. John Mesa, MD can discuss them with you to assure you make the right decision.
How Painful is Buccal Fat Removal for MEN?
Most male patients complain of discomfort rather than severe pain. Oral medication and cool compresses easily manage this.
How Much Bruising is There After Buccal Fat Removal for MEN?
Since the incision is inside the mouth, bruising is minimal and non visible. Swelling of the cheeks may take a while to resolve, but male patients typically are up and about in a couple of days.
Why is the diet restricted With Buccal Fat Removal for MEN?
This is the same as “oral surgery” and it is critical to ensure no bacteria from foods get into the mouth and incision sites. Also, mouth soreness will dictate what you feel like eating for a few days.
Will Insurance Pay for Buccal Fat Removal for MEN?
No. This is a cosmetic procedure and insurance does not cover it. Our office offers provide financing options and are happy to provide you with the information in our main office.
Why not go to a Dentists, Obstetricians, Gynecologists, Internists , Primary Care Physician and “cosmetologists” for Buccal Fat plastic surgery?
Practitioners like dentists and other doctors who are not formally residency-trained and Board Certified to perform Buccal Fat Removal for MEN plastic surgery have been found to suffer a much higher rate of complications, as it’s a side interest to them, and not a treatment they’re certified to do all day long. One of the most common complaints is minimal improvement, asymmetries, “operated look”, etc.
Only a licensed professional with the knowledge, training and skills required to achieve optimum results should perform Buccal Fat Removal for MEN plastic surgery. Look for a plastic surgeon who is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who has completed his training at some of the top residency and fellowship institutions.