Endoscopic Brow Lift/Forehead Lift New York City and New Jersey
For many people drooping of the eyebrows can contribute to the overall appearance of facial aging. The main areas of concern, associated with the aging of the forehead and brow are:
- lines across the forehead
- vertical lines between the inner portion of the eyebrows
- sagging of the skin on the upper portion of the nose
- heaviness of the eyebrow, which contributes to the heaviness of the upper eyelids and especially sagging of the outer corner of the upper eyelid.
Just as with face Lifting, there are several techniques for correcting eyebrow position. One of the most common procedures performed for people who are unhappy with wrinkled, sagging skin on the forehead is a brow Lift. The specific technique used depends on the problem that needs to be corrected. An Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery in New Jersey and New York City with Dr. John Mesa, MD can Lift and smooth your forehead and brows, restoring eyebrow shape and eliminating excess wrinkled skin – removing years from your face.
Common Frequent Asked Questions about Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery
Am I a candidate for Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery in New Jersey and New York City?
You are a candidate for forehead Lift if you have:
- Low eyebrow position on your face
- Sagging forehead skin
- Deep horizontal lines
- Furrows between your eyebrows and across your nose
What are my options for brow Lift / Forehead Lift?,
Are there different types of brow Lift / Forehead Lift?
There are multiple types of brow Lift / Forehead Lift. The most common ones are:
- Traditional brow Lift /forehead Lift (Coronal brow Lift): It involves an incision that extends across the top of the head in the hair-bearing scalp. Dr. Mesa does not perform this type of surgery because the visible scars that it leaves in the scalp, which is very visible when performing water related activities (swimming, etc.). Dr. John Mesa, MD can achieve similar results in a la less invasive manner with the endoscopic brow Lift /forehead Lift technique.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery: It is a procedure designed to reposition and contour the eyebrows and forehead through very small incisions for the appropriate patient. By using only 3 small incisions that are each approximately ½ inch long hidden at the level of the anterior hairline, and with the aid of an endoscopic camera, New Jersey and New York City Latin Plastic Surgeon Dr. John Mesa repositions and reshapes the eyebrows and forehead avoiding the large scalp incision of the traditional (bicoronal) brow Lift / forehead Lift. Dr. John Mesa learned this technique during his Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship directly from the inventor of the endoscopic brow Lift /fore head Lift technique: Dr. Luis O Vasconez; who also Dr. John Mesa’s mentor very close colleague.
- Biplanar Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery: It is a variation of the endoscopic brow Lift /forehead Lift indicated for patients with severe descended brows, severe deep forehead lines and/or large forehead. Different to the original endoscopic brow Lift /forehead Lift technique, it involves an incision along the anterior hairline that allows to remove the excess of skin of the forehead, this allowing to correct severely descended brows, deep forehead lines and decrease the size of the forehead. The technique involves the use of the endoscopic camera to reposition the eyebrows. Since the incision of the biplanar Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery is located at the level of the anterior hairline, once it heals and the hair starts grown through the scar, the scar becomes inconspicuous.
What other rejuvenating treatments can enhance a Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery?
Frequently, our patients choose to have cosmetic Eyelid Lift surgery at the same time as the brow Lift. This combination restores a youthful, harmonious appearance to your forehead and eyes in just one operation.
What are the benefits of combining an Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery with upper Eyelid Lift surgery:
- Smooth away forehead lines and wrinkles
- Lift heavy, wrinkled eyelids
- Refresh facial expression
- Establish alert, well-rested eyes
- Banish forehead frown lines
- Lift sagging brows
- Improve self-confidence and self-esteem
- Faster recovery (one downtime in stead of several)
How is an Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery in New Jersey and New York City performed?
Dr. John Mesa, MD will perform your Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery in New Jersey and New York City with a complete medical examination in advance of planning surgery. The position of the eyebrows and the characteristics of the forehead s will be evaluated based on severity of the wrinkles, elasticity, size, etc. Most importantly, Dr. John Mesa, MD will evaluate your entire facial structure and shape. This is a crucial element in facial aging and therefore, rejuvenation.
Generally, Dr. John Mesa, MD performs your Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery in New Jersey and New York City with a discreet, well-hidden incisions at the level of the anterior hairline. The incisions are designed to allow you to show off your beautiful results without being worried about or having to hide your scar. Through this incision, with the aid of an endoscopic camera, he restores / repositions the eyebrows to a more youthful position and contour. If shortening of the forehead/ correction of severe forehead lines is necessary, he may remove excess of skin from the forehead through the aforementioned biplanar technique incision. After shaping the incisions are closed and a light dressing is placed in the forehead minimize post surgical swelling.
Endoscopic Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery in New Jersey and New York City plastic surgery performed?
Dr. John Mesa, MD always performs your Brow Lift / Forehead Lift in New Jersey and New York City as an outpatient surgical procedure. Although some of our patients prefer to have general anesthesia, most patients are comfortable under local anesthesia. You will recover quickly after surgery and normally go home the same day. You will need to have a close friend or family member drive you to and from the surgery center and care for you for the first 24-48 hours.
What is recovery like after a Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery?
You will experience some bruising and swelling for the first 7 to 10 days after surgery. Cold compresses on the forehead and eyelids, as well as and elevation of your head on two or three pillows will help minimize swelling. You may feel numbness and itching as party of the healing process, but this will soon resolve. Sutures are usually removed within 7 to 10 days. Normally, we remove your bandages in 1-7 days. Most patients recover very well within 2 weeks.
When can I return to work after a Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery?
While healing time varies, most people are comfortable returning to work within 7 to 14 days. We advise patients to avoid sun exposure and strenuous activities for several weeks. We will closely follow your progress to ensure that you are ready to resume normal activities.
How will I look after a Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery in New Jersey and New York City?
After a Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery with Dr. John Mesa you will have much smoother forehead skin and a refreshed, rejuvenated appearance. Your eyebrow shape and position will be restored, brightening your eyes and energizing your whole face. If you combine upper Eyelid Lift surgery with this procedure, your excess eyelid skin will be sculpted away revealing more youthful eyes. Puffy eyelids and wrinkled, sagging skin will be erased giving you a younger and brighter appearance.
How long will results of a a Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery last?
The youthful results of a a Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Plastic Surgery should last for many years. After time, some patients may repeat these procedures, and add other rejuvenating treatments to restore their youthful appearance.