Liquid Facelift New York City and New Jersey
As we age, the face begins to lose collagen and elastin, which contributes to sagging facial features. The loss of facial volume and elasticity also leads to the formation of wrinkles, lines and folds.
A Liquid Facelift is a technique for injecting advanced dermal fillers to lift and contour facial features. A successful Liquid Face Lift can temporarily set back the clock without the need of surgery in patient candidates.
What is a Liquid Face Lift in New Jersey and New York City?
A Liquid Face Lift is the latest advancement in minimally invasive rejuvenating the face that provides a more youthful appearance.
As we age, we lose fat from our face, especially under the eyes, in the cheeks, and in the pre-jowl regions. As these areas deflate, it makes the face look hollowed, creating shadows where there were none in youth. In addition to the shadows, the volume loss can cause wrinkles to form, especially in the area where dimples usually occur.
A Liquid Face by Dr. John Mesa, MD, A Board Certified New Jersey and New York City Cosmetic Latin Plastic Surgeon and Craniofacial Surgeon may involve the use of cosmetic dermal fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero, Restylane Silk) to provide volume and fill in wrinkles, while other dermal fillers may be selected for use deeper within the skin to offer significant contouring to the facial structure (Voluma, Radiesse, Radiesse +, Perlane). Other products like Botox may be used to relax certain muscles in the face, providing a reduction in lines around the brows or mouth. Any combination of these treatments may be used to enhance the overall look of the face, tailored to perfectly suit the patient’s particular goals and needs.
Each Liquid Face Lift is totally customized by Dr. John Mesa, Board Certified Cosmetic Latin Plastic Surgeon and Craniofacial Surgeon in New Jersey and New York City to suit the patient’s particular needs.
A Liquid Face Lift can offer many of the benefits of a traditional Face Lift without having to undergo a surgical procedure and its recovery. Liquid Face Lifts can restore lost volume, diminish lines and wrinkles, redefine the jaw line and cheekbones and Lift sagging brows
Who are ideal candidates for a Liquid Face Lift in New Jersey and New York City?
- Young women in their 40‘s who are just starting to see the signs of aging, but who are not yet candidates for a surgical Face Lift.
- Patients who are in really good shape, have minimal skin laxity, but have with very little body fat tend, which makes them to look older because of the lack of fat in their face.
- Patients who have had a Face Lift in the past, who do not look as youthful as they could, and they would like to improve their face before a secondary revisional Face Lift is performed.
- Male Patients. Men are excellent patients for a liquid Face Lift in particular because they would like facial improvement without scar (different to women, men usually don’t hide surgical scars with make up. A liquid Face Lift in Men makes them to look refreshed and more youthful.
Who are not candidates for a Liquid Face Lift in New Jersey and New York City?
Patients who have full or round faces usually are not good candidates for a Liquid Face Lift. Liquid Face Lifts also do not correct neck issues, such as wrinkles, excess skin, or fat just below the chin.
What is the downtime for a Liquid Face Lift in New Jersey and New York City?
The downtown after the Liquid Face Lift depends how much bruising you may develop. If you have no bruising you will be able to go out that evening without anyone noticing. If you have a bruise, it depends on how big the bruise is and if you can cover it with makeup. There is no way to predict if you will have a bruise, how big the bruise will be, or how long the bruise will be there. If people have a bruise, it may last up to a week. Therefore, the downtime for a Liquid Face Lift is considerably less than a traditional surgical Face Lift, which has a downtime of two weeks.
What are the instructions to follow after Liquid Face Lift in New Jersey and New York City?
The common general instructions for all of the products used are as follows:
- Ice the areas injected for 24 hours (if not chemical peel performed).
- Keep your head of bed elevated for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- Do not sleep on the side or belly side down.
- No bending, lifting, or straining for 24 hours.
- No aspirin, motrin or ibuprofen or other NSAID for 24 to 48 hours.
- It is OK take Tylenol if any pain, HA or discomfort.
- No exercise for 24 to 48 hours.
How long does a Liquid Face Lift last?
The longevity of Liquid Face Lift It depends on several factors:
- It depends on which injectable filler is being used. Some fillers last for 8 months like others like volume could last up to 2 years.
- It depends on the areas of the face being volumized (the closer to the mouth the faster the product breaks down because of motion of the facial structures accelerate the filler absorption).
- It depends on the patient; some people breakdown products faster and some people hold on to products longer. There is no way to predict how long a specific product may last in a specific person. During the consultation, Dr. John Mesa, New Jersey and New York City Board Certified Cosmetic Latin Plastic Surgeon and Craniofacial Surgeon will give you general ranges for a specific product, for a specific location, but there are no guarantees of duration.
How much filler will I need for a Liquid Face Lift in New Jersey and New York City?
During the consultation Dr. John Mesa, MD will give you an estimate on the amount of filler you will need for a Liquid Face Lift. The two factors that determine how much filler you will need are:
- Your degree of lost facial volume and
- Your level of expectation.
One person may desire just a subtle softening of their folds and wrinkles while another person may desire as much of a correction as possible. The greater your expectations, the more filler you will need.
How much discomfort is associated with a Liquid Face Lift?
A Liquid Facelift with Dr. John Mesa, Board Certified Cosmetic Latin Plastic Surgeon and Craniofacial Surgeon in New Jersey and New York City is usually associated with minimal discomfort or pain. An injectable numbing medication (lidocaine with epinephrine) may be injected to the area before the injection. In addition, most of the dermal files have numbing medication mixed on them, therefore making the numbness effect to last several hours after the procedure. Dr. John Mesa, MD specializes in making the Liquid Face Lift experience very painless and non-distressing to his patients.
If patients complain of any ache after the procedure, which is usually mild, this can be easily controlled with Tylenol.
What other procedures Treatments often performed in conjunction with a Liquid Face Lift in New Jersey and New York City?
Liquid Face Lifts are often combined with facial skin resurfacing procedures like TCA chemical peel to give the additional clean glow to the face that will make you look more refreshed and rejuvenated.
Why not go to Dentists, Obstetricians, Gynecologists, Internists, Primary Care Physician and “cosmetologists” for Liquid Face Lift cosmetic filler injections?
Practitioners like dentists and other doctors who are not formally residency-trained and Board Certified to perform Liquid Face Lift plastic surgery cosmetic injections have been found to suffer a much higher rate of complications, as it’s a side interest to them, and not a treatment they’re certified to do all day long. One of the most common complaints is minimal improvement, asymmetries.
Only a licensed professional with the knowledge, training and skills required to achieve optimum results should perform Liquid Face plastic surgery cosmetic injections. Look for a plastic surgeon who is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who has completed his training at some of the top residency and fellowship institutions.