What is to expect after Buccal Fat Removal for MEN?
You can expect the following when you wake up and you should follow the instructions given when you return home:
- Some swelling, bruising, numbness and discomfort is normal and to be expected.
- Cool compresses and oral pain medication will easily manage your discomfort.
- All swelling resolves on its own in a few weeks as healing progresses.
- You will need to rest at night with your head elevated for a few weeks.
- Plan on a restricted diet as follows: Avoid all uncooked foods (risk of bacteria) and be sure to thoroughly wash all raw fruits and vegetables. You will want liquid to soft foods for a few days.
- You will be given a special anti-bacterial mouthwash to be used throughout the day for several days.
- Keep your tongue away from the incision sites inside your mouth.
- Avoid all strenuous activity until healing is complete.
- Sutures usually dissolve on their own within 7 to 10 days.
- All healing takes time and cannot be rushed. It may be several weeks before all swelling is gone and you see the final results.