Meet Dr. John Mesa - Plastic Surgeon New York City and New Jersey
Dr. John Mesa is a Harvard trained, triple fellowship-trained Board Certified Colombian Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon in New Jersey and New York City that specializes in cosmetic plastic surgery of the face, neck breast, and body. He offers a premium experience to all of its cosmetic patients. His residency and fellowship training at top institutions like Harvard are strong credentials that give him a unique set of skills to perform cosmetic plastic surgery. Since he was born and raised in Colombia, he brings a Latin flair, making his bedside manners and patient care unique. Dr. John Mesa helps its customers look their best and achieve their personal, social, and professional goals by providing premium natural looking cosmetic plastic surgery
Dr. Mesa’s Credentials:
- Harvard General Surgery Residency Program
- Penn State University Plastic Surgery Residency Program
- Harvard Plastic Surgery Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship
- University of Michigan Craniofacial Surgery Fellowship Program
- University of Alabama Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Surgery Fellowship Program
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Member, American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons (ASMS)
- Member, Plastic Surgery Research Council (ASMS)
- Member, Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons (NESPS)
- Educational Committee Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Patient Safety Committee Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Educational Committee Member, American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons (ASMS)
- Past Resident and Fellows Representative Board Member, American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons (ASMS)
More about Dr. John Mesa, MD:
Dr. John M. Mesa is a Harvard trained, triple fellowship-trained Board Certified Colombian Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon in private practice in New Jersey and New York City. He has offices in Livingston, NJ (main office) and New York City (Manhattan), NY (satellite office)
Dr. Mesa is internationally recognized as an innovator in the field of facial rejuvenation under local anesthesia.
Dr. John Mesa, MD received his MD degree from Universidad de Antioquia in Colombia, South America. He then came to the United States to train in General Surgery at the Harvard’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and subsequently in Plastic Surgery at the Pennsylvania State University in Pennsylvania. Upon completion of his residency training, Dr. Mesa pursued a fellowship sub-specialization in Craniofacial Surgery (reconstruction of the pediatric and adult face) at the prestigious University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan; Then he pursued a second fellowship sub-specialization in Aesthetic Surgery (cosmetic surgery of the face and body) at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, in Birmingham, Alabama under the mentorship of the world-renowned Plastic Surgeon Dr. Luis O. Vasconez.
Dr. John Mesa, MD also did a Fellowship in Plastic Surgery Research at the Harvard’s Massachusetts General Hospital. He has served as a Clinical Instructor at the University of Michigan Hospital System, and as an instructor in Plastic Surgery at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospitals. He is published in numerous academic journals including the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Annals of Plastic Surgery and the Journal of Craniofacial Surgery.
Dr. John Mesa, MD has written a number of book chapters in books like the Encyclopedia of Aesthetic Surgery Rejuvenation Through Volume Augmentation. He is currently writing a novel atlas of surgery of the face on which he is the Editor in Chief.
Dr. John Mesa has presented his research and innovative surgical techniques at multiple national and international meetings. He currently teaches his technique of Face Lift and/or Neck Lift under local anesthesia to national and international plastic surgeons at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) annual meeting.