What is microneedling?
Advances in scientific research demonstrated that skin cells respond to minor damage by sending healing growth factors to regenerate the area with increased collagen production. This revelation led to the development of a range of skin-restoring treatments, including microneedling.
This procedure is performed with a surgical handpiece that contains many tiny, sterile needles that create controlled micro-channels in your skin. These intentional injuries cause little-to-no collateral damage while stimulating the innate healing power of your skin. Microneedling can provide the following benefits:
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increased skin elasticity and volume
- Reduced appearance of hyperpigmentation and sun damage
- A more even, smooth complexion
- Decreased pore size
- Firmer, more resilient skin